Friday, November 26, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Thirty...

Most likely this will be a short post. I admit it, I am less than intelligent. I was up at 3 AM and off to fight the madding crowds (the great unwashed) when the stores opened at 4 AM. I have only done that one other time, and that was two or three years ago. Jody and I found a real bargain in the major appliance arena, and as long as I was up...

SO, I hit Target first, and bought a new digital camera. In today's mail, we had an advertisement from Costco, and the camera I bought was $20 more in the Costco ad, so I am pretty happy with that purchase.

Then I was off to Best Buy, and that took me until about 6:15 to complete that transaction. Then I was off to Toyota to have my car serviced (120K service, which was a big one). One of the service items was to change the spark plugs in my car. I am going on the record right now, my car is not right. How can I tell? Because I have driven the car for 120,000 miles, that's how. Anyway, I am going to run a tank full of gas through it before I make a final judgment, but there is something odd about the performance of the car after this service. We shall see...

Jody and Joe Mac and Carolyn came to pick me up while my car was being serviced, and we headed off to Red Rock. Joe Mac and Carolyn had never seen that house, and we needed to go down there anyway just to check to make sure everything was okay. The place looks pretty good for not having been occupied since May, and it really needs some loving. I hope we can find some buyers for the property soon.

On the way back, we stopped in Elgin for bar-b-que. Of course, I had to have pork ribs (I always have something with bones in it so I can bring the bones back for the dog). We got there about 11:30, and had a very nice lunch. All was good, and we all enjoyed it. Interestingly, it took until I was at the Toyota dealer for me to figure out who won the UT vs A&M game; no one in line at Target OR Best Buy knew who had won the game. I think they were all in bed really early to get up in the middle of the night. HOWEVER, once we were in Elgin, it was REALLY evident who won the game. I guess the best team won! As fr as I could tell, the A&M folks were very gracious about the win, but there was a lot of chatter in Elgin about it. I am not sure who was the favored team, but the game turned out pretty much the way I expected it would.

Once we got home, Joe Mac and I went out to feed the cattle, and we put fresh hay out in two pastures. Now, when I move the cattle next week, the hay will already be out in that pasture, so I will not have to deal with that. Life is good.

We got six eggs from the girls today, so that is really nice. It is supposed to be below freezing tonight, and be below freezing for several hours, so this will be the girls first real cold spell. I expect they will make it through just fine, at least I hope so.

We finished that, and pretty much sat around for the rest of the afternoon. We all headed back into Walburg for dinner tonight at the Walburg Restaurant. Joe Mac and I had the buffet, Jody and Carolyn both had the grilled salmon. There was an incredible number of people coming and going from that place, and it stays busy LATE into the night on the weekends.

Early to rise, early to bed.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUFFETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment