Saturday, November 6, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Ten...

It has been a busy day, and I have the photo-documentation to prove it. In fact, I have photos that will carry my through most of next week as well.

The day began with education sessions at the NAR Conference, and two out of three of them were very good. One was just okay. After those classes, I went once again through the Expo, and I must confess; it was either very disappointing OR I have matured to the point that give-away-crap is just not that appealing to me anymore. I wonder what hidden subtext there is in that? Have I become more discriminating, or has the 'Hoarders - Buried Alive' television program hit an uncomfortable chord with me? Whichever one it is, there was really no need for me to plan my luggage so I would have plenty of room for schwag. Whatever, there will be very little schwag going home with me this trip. I am voting that it is just a lower quality of schwag that is available at this program. I am still good for free anythings.

After I finished my programs at the convention, I walked back into the French Quarter for a little while, and went once again to the hotel I used to work at, just to see if I would recognize anyone that still worked there. GET A GRIP Evens, is was 25 years ago, so most likely no one still works there. I do not know what the attraction to that place is, but I need to get over it.

After that, I went to the Krystal Burger place and had lunch; 3 Krystal Burgers, an order of fries and a small drink. I am still really overwhelmed by how expensive things are in the downtown area of New Orleans. ANYWAY... the little Krystal burgers were pretty much as I remembered them, really quite tasty with the steamed onions, but I forgot that I needed to ask them to 'add ketchup'. They were good, but I do not have the craving for more anytime soon.

THEN, I took the St. Charles streetcar for a round-trip, which is something I had never done. Never been on a New Orleans streetcar, even though I lived here for a good while. Just never got around to it. It was fun, and I would recommend it.

Got back to the hotel, and chilled out until my 6 o'clock cocktail function for RPAC at the World War II Memorial. A very nice function, and lovely venue, and worth a photo or two. This is the only place that I have ever been to that sells hand-grenades ($19.95) and a notice on the box that says that you cannot carry these items on commercial air craft. Whatever...

I am really looking forward to setting the clocks BACK one hour tonight, I need the sleep.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAND GRENADES, Kindness, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment