Friday, November 5, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Nine...

WELL...it has been a long day, and I am tired. I got on the bust to the convention center this morning just after 8 o'clock, and returned to the hotel shortly after 6. I attended five educational sessions today; A LOVE HATE GUIDE TO AGENT PROFITABILITY, EPA LEAD BASED PAINT FORUM, LOBBYING 101, YOUR ONLINE REPUTATION and PROPERTY MANAGEMENT BOOT CAMP. I learned some very valuable things at the sessions, and hopefully those ideas will more than pay for the cost of the trip. After the sessions, I walked through the REALTOR Expo, just to see what was there. I will head back to it tomorrow, and take more time and see how much schwag I can get away with!

This is a photo of the hotel I used to work at in the French Quarter. I moved to New Orleans in 1979 and became the Assistant General Manager of this hotel. It was our company's 'flagship' hotel at the time, and it is still (I assume) a very nice hotel. I walked from my hotel to this one yesterday and went inside. The lobby seems very much smaller than I remember it, but much of it is still very familiar looking. I really learned a lot while working in this hotel, and I have both good memories and bad memories, but I did learn a lot. I left this hotel to become the General Manager of three other hotels (all with the same chain) and the last was a transfer to Austin.

Jody collected six eggs from the girls today, so we seem to be back to six, and all are doing well and happily accounted for. Jody said he will go back and check on the cattle tomorrow, but I expect all will be well there as well. He reports there is a light freeze warning in Austin tonight, but everything should be alright, no real issues to worry about. It will most likely only be at or below freezing for a few hours, not long enough for damage except to the most fragile of systems.

A busy day tomorrow as well, but for now, I am done.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, OLD MEMORIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment