Thursday, November 11, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Fifteen...

On the way home from work this afternoon, I stopped at FireBowl and got our dinner to go. Jody had a Stir Fry Bowl and I had the Fired Rice. We both have enough left over for another meal. I am plenty big for as little as I eat. I guess (well, duh) that it makes more difference about what you eat even if you do not think you eat very much. I am not a particularly healthy eater, I admit that. While I was in New Orleans, I admitted to my friends Tony, Michael and Rusty that I was well aware of the concept of eating less and exercising more, but that was of no real particular interest to me. Whatever...

Among other things today was my Meals-On-Wheels delivery day. I had six clients on my route today, and Some of them I have not seen for a while. One client is back on my route, and she has a very sweet little dog that I love on for a while when I deliver to them. She (the client, not the dog) has not been on my route for a while, and we never know why folks are dropped or added. Generally, I believe if someone is dropped from my route, they must have gotten better. So, it was with happiness and sadness at the same time that this particular client was back on my route. In reality, I guess it is a better than even chance that clients are added and dropped from the services that Meals-On-Wheels provides due to bureaucratic or governmental red-tape; maybe they have used up their allotments or something like that. Kind of like the Medi-Care donut hole. See, I am getting old, I am starting to pay attention to these things.

Once I got home, I was just about time to feed the girls. They are totally unaware of the time change, their lives are ruled by the placement of the sun, not of the clock (Standard of Daylight Savings is not important). They were happily led into their caged area, and they unashamedly posed for photos. This one might be Vera, it is hard to tell from a photograph. It is much easier to tell them apart when you can see them with the others. Four eggs today, so that is almost two dozen so far this week.

Tomorrow will be a day of meetings, one at 9 and one at 3:30. Then it is the weekend, and I think there is a better than even chance that I will be showing property either Saturday or Sunday. Go with the flow...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TAKEE-OUTEE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment