Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Thirteen...

A lovely day back in the office, if I must say so myself. I was 'too tired' to sleep last night, but I expect I actually slept longer than I think I did. BUT, tonight will be a different story.

I made it in to the office before 8 o'clock, even though traffic was somewhat uncooperative. My desk was not overly-cluttered, and there were neat stacks of paperwork all ready for me to 'touch'. Got a lot of stuff touched before our strategic planning meeting that started at 10 o'clock. After that meeting, there was more stuff to touch, and then it was lunch time.

After lunch, Tom and I went off to walk a property; tenants are breaking the lease, and it needed to be walked so we can begin marketing the property. Nothing terrible, just an unfortunate circumstance for all parties. It is just part of the realities of life that, sometimes bad things can happen to good people. Life goes on, and we all have to do what we have to do.

I stopped by the condominium complex that we manage on the way home; we had a pretty extensive tree-trimming job start there today, and we have been having some problems with the pool at the complex, so I wanted to put my eyes of the situation, so I would know what I was talking about if asked.

I got home and went out to feed the chickens. This picture kind of reminds me of 'Chicken Roulette'. You can put your money on reds, blonds or black & whites. What will it be? When I was feeding the girls this afternoon, they all came screeching out to meet me, and there were six of them all gathered around. But once I got them all in their fenced area, there were only five. I was beginning to think that something had gotten one of the reds (it can happen in the blink of an eye) but I finally found her, she was in the coop in one of the nesting boxes. Jody got five eggs today, and when I went to close them up in their coop, there was another egg in the nest. I had a suspicion she was going to lay another egg. It will be interesting to see how many eggs Jody gets tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment: