Sunday, November 28, 2010

2010 - Day Three Hundred Thirty Two...

All good things must come to an end; I have tremendously enjoyed my five-day mini-vacation/extended Holiday Weekend. I am getting things in order to go back to work tomorrow, thankful for even more now than when the days-off began. This morning I was honored to see a beautiful sunrise, and it was a pretty darn glorious day. Okay, except maybe for the morning glories, that have suffered from the cooler weather, but they may be down, but they are not yet out!

It was a really lazy day for both of us; we read the morning paper and I cleaned off my desk in the office, trying to get it coordinated for the end of the year things that need to be done. Once that was somewhat accomplished, I made a nice egg loaf and we enjoyed that.

We drove in to Georgetown very late in the morning, and went by the Collector's Market where we retrieved a micro-wave egg poacher from our booth. We are starting Atkins today or tomorrow, and the egg poacher will go with me to the office so I will not be so discombobulated at lunch times. Atkins is not really that hard to follow, just no bread or dairy (did I mention that I really love breads and dairy?) and starches, but I get pretty much all the meat and fats I can ingest. I think my real killer is the fast foods, so I need a good excuse to stay away from the dollar menus and the fries and the sodas. I am kind of looking forward to it, because I really need to lose some weight and the discipline will be good for me! YES, SIR! Whatever...

We also stopped by the Dairy Queen in Georgetown and had a spoiler. There is a tremendous difference between this DQ and the one in Salado. The folks in Georgetown and friendly, the place is clean and modern and they pretty much know us on sight. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. Anyway...

On the way home I stopped in the middle of the road to take this picture of the clouds. This lonely looking road is about a half-mile from our house. It looks worse than it really is (as far as the loneliness is concerned). We have really great neighbors, and we love living out here. After I took this photo, the skies continued to cloud up, and right now it is totally cloudy. The winds really picked up this afternoon, and they are coming from the south, so we do not expect it to be anywhere as cool overnight as it has been the last two nights. It may not even be cool enough for a fire tonight, but we are ready just in case.

We got six eggs from the girls this afternoon, and they got fresh organic layer mash and fresh water in their dispensers. That makes 39 eggs for the week, which we think is a lot of eggs from six chickens. They should start slowing down the production pretty soon, but they do not seem to be cutting back. Maybe it has to get cold and stay cold for a while, this is one of those 'learn-as-you-go' projects, so we will just have to see. When we got started with the chickens, we expected each girl would want their own nesting box, but it is pretty typical for four of them to lay in one box, and two in another. I do not think they have ever laid in the bottom three boxes. Interesting...

My car seems to be running better, so I am still not sure if I will take it in to the dealer tomorrow on my way to work or not; I will just play it by ear for now. Tomorrow starts the 'end-of-the-month' routine and the 'begin-the-new-month' routine, so I expect it will be a pretty darn busy week. Gonna spend some time playing catch-up.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment