Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Fifty Eight; Tuesday...

Today is hump day for me...I will go into the office on Thursday for a meeting, and then I will be heading to the airport to pick up our friends from Connecticut, Bruce and Melody. Then off on Friday, back to the office on Monday. I need to work three-day-weeks more often.

It is very interesting how much work you can get accomplished when you have a list and try to get everything on the list completed. Some of the tasks are more enjoyable than others, but I actually completed some today that I had been putting off. DONE!

Late morning, most of us headed for the Domain for the Northwest Chamber Monthly Luncheon. It was held at Magianno's in the Domain, a class act to be sure. Good food, great facility, need to go back. The program was 'adequate', sorry, nothing great, no abundance of knowledge imparted on me, but the company was good and the networking was fun. This is a photo that was taken of our group (thanks Fred); Pat, Toni, Karla, Mois, Carrie and Chris.

Easy-breezy ride home this afternoon. Almost finished with the latest book on CD; The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. I had read a review of the book earlier in the year, and it is basically about how this woman dealt with tremendous loss. There are times that she is just totally out of control in her thoughts, and honestly, I think like that a lot! BUT, in the end, I expect she will get it together. There are several things that I find interesting in the book that she stresses...things change in an instant. What you expect most likely will not happen. Every day is ordinary, and then... If you suffer a tremendous personal tragedy, accept every invitation that comes you way, no questions.

Interesting...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ORDINARY DAYS, Kindnesses, World Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment