Sunday, June 5, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Fifty Six; Sunday...

A pretty typical weekend day here in paradise. I got up this morning and did all my usual things, and was trying to get a few mundane chores done before Miguel arrived. Miguel usually comes out on Sundays and helps me with stuff around the farm. I had a call from him about 8 o'clock that he would not be coming out this morning. Not the worst of all things NOT to happen to me today. It was actually nice that I did not have to work myself like a crazy person to make the time and effort worth-while while Miguel is here. So, it was a nice day of small (but meaningful) accomplishments. We got lots of little things done and that was great.

It seems Jody and I are not the only ones that like the four o'clocks. While I was out watering the front, this snake was in the four o'clock bed, and he was not all that interested in moving on. Scared the crap out of me; I am kind of tired of having the CRAP scared out of me by snakes. ANYWAY, since I always have my camera (you never know when there will be a photo-op for this journal) I had to chase him quite a ways to get a decent photograph to document his existence. I see no reason to harm the snakes, I just wish they would not surprise me so. HOWEVER, it is much better to be surprised by a harmless snake than it is to be made aware of the presence of a snake with a 'rattle'. I will take the harmless snakes anytime!

It was time for me to get a haircut, and the last time I went in for a haircut, I waited about two hours for my favorite tonsorial practitioner. Today, I got there at about twenty minutes past 11 and I was the first one in the place. Which put us at Dairy Queen a little bit early, but that is okay, too. Before we headed into Georgetown, and post-screaming-like-a-girl because the snake scared the CRAP out of me, I discovered a couple pink Morning Glories. Always beautiful.

On the way into Georgetown, we drove past this '49 Ford that Jody said was the same kind of car that he and his friend LeRoy travelled all through Mexico on many many years ago. This car is for sale (no idea how much), but it is in beautiful condition, and I went around the block to take a picture of it. Nice set of wheels!

When we got home, Jody went down for a nap, and I went out to feed the cattle. I fed them and took them a fresh bale of hay and all is well in the cattle world to the best of my knowledge. This coming Thursday, our friends Bruce and Melody will be visiting for several days (from Connecticut) and I will move the cattle to the other pasture while they are here. Always entertaining!

After feeding the cattle, I took the tank trailer and put air in one of the tires and decided it was time to water the trees by the road and the Pecan Trees that are hard to reach with the hose. While I was waiting for the tank to fill (and during some of the watering), I pulled 367 weeds, and that will be plenty for one day.

After that (and in the middle of watering the trees, we got 14 drops of rain) we jumped in the pool to cool off a little bit. Taking it easy for a little while and we are going back to Georgetown tonight for dinner at Montana Mike's. Yummy!

More later...

We're home, and there is actually the possibility of rain in the area. we got an additional 27 drops of rain on the windshield, and kind of a nice show of lightning. My dinner was really good, Jody ordered a shrimp and pasta entree that was okay, nothing the snap your fingers about though. I will say the beef at Montana Mike's is really wonderfully good. I had the rib eye, that is the first time I have had anything except the prime rib, but that is a Friday and Saturday only menu item.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN MAYBE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment