Friday, June 24, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Seventy Five; Friday...

Okay everybody, a little happy dance please, it is FRIDAY!!!

This morning was an absolutely gorgeous morning. I was up and doing chores and watering plants and things, and noticed this Lillie (it was still dark, but I could tell). After I was ready to head out for work, I was glad that I remembered to take this picture so I could share it with you. Exquisite! Overall, there was a soft breeze, the temperature was moderate (about 70 degrees at 4AM) and I was not bitten TOO many times by mosquitoes. It was a bit humid, but now I am just getting picky. It was a beautiful morning.

Traffic was not too much of a problem this morning, and I was able to sit in the office and get lots of work done before I had to go to a lunch appointment. We went to Red's Porch in south Austin, which is a really nice place and the food there is always good. As a little extra treat, we ordered a fried Snickers Bar, and I have to tell you, a fried Snickers Bar is everything you would expect it to be AND MORE! I don't think any more explanation is necessary.

Got back to the office and finished up what i needed to get finished, and headed home right around 4 o'clock. I gave Chris a call, and he told me that he and Cheryl were at the Schlotzky's around Parmer and IH-35, so I stopped in and surprised them. I think they were both really surprised to see me, and it was fun visiting with them. There they were, both with their lap tops cranking away. I do not get the thing about going to a coffee shop or a sandwich shop to conduct business, but I know it is done all the time. But anyway...

Once back underway, I took a little time (while listening to my most recent book on CD, Fall of Heroes by Ken Follett) to admire the clouds. They are very pretty, and these particular ones look like they could contain a little moisture, but there is no indication of a precipitation event in our immediate future.

After I got home, I sat down to watch the news with Jody, and pretty much immediately fell asleep. Once I regained consciousness (probably about 10 minutes) I went outside and 'cut-at' the grass, just getting a little bit done as a jump start to the weekend.

Lots of things to do over the weekend; go to Taylor Feed to get cattle feed, meet some friends for Lunch in Salado, go to Dairy Queen, cut grass, work the bees, prepare for two days of classes next week, spray weed killer here and there, go to Dairy Queen, cut some more grass, this-and-that.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRIED SNICKERS (Seriously?), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment