Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Sixty Six; Wednesday...

The thermometer in my car registered 109 degrees on the way home, although the official temperature reported by the crack meteorologists (does that mean the meteorologists are on crack?) was only 103. Not a big difference if you ask me. But a few degrees must make some kind of difference. Just not sure what it is. Are you tired of me talking about the heat and lack of rain yet. Well, you will be by October, believe me!

It is a bitch getting older, let me tell you! Today was the second time that I have left the water faucet running for HOURS after I was finished watering. I get out there and start to thinking, and I am not concentrating on the watering (really, watering plants does not require that much attention), and I forget to turn off the water. I will PAY (literally) for that!

We had another calf (another bull calf at that) born yesterday. He is another pretty one! That makes FIVE BULL CALVES this year. This one is black and white (like both his parents) with a big white patch on his head, and a black spot within the white patch, so we are naming him DOMINO. Cute!

We got four eggs from the girls today, not including the first broken egg we have had in quite some time. It is almost as if one of them was sitting on the roost and just decided 'bombs away'! I doubt that is actually what happened, but you never know.

Tomorrow is another hot day.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEW CALVES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment