Thursday, June 23, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Seventy Four; Thursday...

I will give you three guesses who is going to bed early tonight. ME! I may have to set an alarm to get up and put the girls to bed, but I am going to pile up in just a little while!

Today provided another respite from watering the outside beds this morning, but I do not think it will happen tomorrow. Two days after the rain and, even though we have had somewhat moderate temperatures (last I looked it was ONLY 96 degrees) I think I will need to water in the morning. Not too bad, and I am looking forward to my quiet time in the dark!

This is a photo of the littlest chicks taken last night. They are getting bigger, and maybe later this weekend I will be able to put them in a bigger pen, the big dog kennel that we have out in the 'red-shed'. I think they will like that a lot, too. The legal sized file box has certainly served its purpose, and now it is time for bigger and better environs for them. This morning they got fresh (organic of course) starter feed and tonight they got fresh water. They are happy little chicks.

Our friends Joe Mac and Carolyn headed back to Mississippi this morning, and they made sure they were up before I left so we could say good-bye. Jody and I were out in the pool this afternoon when they called to tell us they had arrived safely, so we are glad for that, and already miss them, and look forward to their next visit. Joe Mac was certainly a buzz-saw while he was here, and I think the next time I may try to 'hire-him-out'. He got lots of stuff done for us, and wasps in a three county area have posted his photo and are shaking in their nests.

I think I will go on a cloud kick for a while. We have had some really nice clouds the last couple days. After the rain, our winds have died down, the temperatures fell a few degrees, and things have pretty much calmed down. I know it is not going to last, the temperatures are climbing as we speak, but I am enjoying the calm. As I sit here looking out the window, the flags are gently fluttering, and all is well with the world.

I just don't need to watch the news or read a newspaper for a couple days.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EARLY TO BED, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment