Tuesday, June 21, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Seventy Two; Tuesday...

A new record was set this morning driving to work; two and a half hours. Traffic was pretty backed up on the way in, and even when the jam broke up, I saw no evidence of any wreck or other problem. I guess they cleared it, and then it took an hour or so for everything to open up. Craziness!

Got a lot accomplished at the office today, trying to get caught up because I will be teaching two days next week, and then a meeting or two later on in the week.

On the way home, I stopped once again at the pool store and bought ANOTHER part for the Polaris, hopefully this will be the last one for a while. While I was at work today, Joe Mac was at work at the house. He did all kinds of things around the house, and when I got home, he was out by the pool so I just brought him the new part and he installed it. Things do seem to be working better, and we will just have to keep a watchful eye on it for a while. Then, once I am comfortable that everything is working well and I think I can let my guard down, something else will happen and catch me slacking off!

Our weather-alert radio has gone off twice this evening so far. We are under a sever thunderstorm watch (I think that is the not really bad one) and it would be really nice if we could in fact get some rain. There are nice looking clouds all around, we just need them to deposit some moisture. I fear this weather radio thing has the potential to become a giant smoke detector...something that goes off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason, and finally you just unplug it and forget about it. Time will tell...

I have not even been out to look at the chickens yet this evening. I will be heading out that way in a little while. All reports indicate that the old girls and the new chicks are all (collectively and otherwise) doing just fine, thank you very much.

We are heading out to the Walburg Restaurant tomorrow night for dinner. YUM!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STORM WARNINGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment