Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Seventy Three; Wednesday...

It actually did rain last night, and we recorded about 3/4" in the gauge. From all reports, it was a pretty good light show with lots of thunder, too. Other than the weather radio alarm going off twice (at which point I got up and turned it off without listening to the alert) I pretty much slept through the whole thing. I was tired, and I am still tired.

When I awoke this morning, I had a lovely respite from watering the plants, and I enjoyed the extra time to myself by watching the local news for a while to see if there had been any storm damage reported. None that I heard of, although Austin and other points south of us got considerably more rain than we did. AND there were thousands of electrical customers in Austin with no power. We got off really easy.

On the way to work this morning, there were lots of lovely clouds all around. These were some that I noticed just as I was getting ready to exit the Interstate. Everything looks much greener after the rain, but I attribute most of that to the idea that the little bit of rain we had at least washed all the dust off everything. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Got LOTS of stuff done in the office today, and headed off to a meeting just after two o'clock, that lasted until almost five. Planning and getting things in line for the next year, you can never start too early.

I got home at about six o'clock, and everyone was pretty much ready to go and have dinner. It seems Jody and Joe Mac and Carolyn had traipsed off to Round Rock this afternoon with the intention of picking Jody's truck up (after having been serviced) and stopping for some lunch. When they got to where they were going, it was decided that no one was really hungry, so they decided not to eat. BUT, they were all pretty darned hungry by supper time. We headed off to the Walburg Restaurant and had yummy meals. I had the Farmer's Plate, and as you can see it was just awful. Not much left on that plate for sure!

Tomorrow is the Women's Council of REALTORS monthly luncheon meeting, and that is always fun.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WELCOMED RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment