Saturday, June 4, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Fifty Five; Saturday...

Lovely day, hot like the hinges of Hell. Early this morning, I did the usual things; checked the electric meter, noted grid usage an amount of electricity we generated and returned to the grid, fed the bees, opened the chickens door from their coop to their yard, checked the water meter, checked the other electric meter, and then picked up the paper and came back in the house.

After coffee, reading the paper and eating breakfast, I watered plants front and back, and pulled a few weeds. Jody and I headed into Austin (by way of Georgetown) at 10 o'clock (critically timed so we can listed to 'Wait, wait, don't tell me') and took a bunch of recycling into Austin. Before we left for Austin, Pauline and Hubert stopped over with a few fresh vegetables for us. Lovely! They were here and gone before I even knew it, I was still out in the back yard watering.

Once we got to Austin, I needed to stop at the office and pick up some stuff, and then we headed to CostCo. Pushy, pushy people who believe they will never EVER see another little paper cup with a sample of peanut brittle in their entire lives. They are all in a hurry (or perhaps rude, it is 50/50 in my mind) and all have to veer around corners to get the free sample.

Whatever...

On our way home, we stopped at the Dairy Queen (we were tired, not crazy) and Jody had a hot fudge sundae and I had a root beer freeze (basically a root beer milk shake). We had some other errands to run, but we had stuff in the back of Jody's truck that would melt, so we did not take any chances. When we got home. Jody went down for a nap, and I went out to the front yard and pulled 1,577 weeds. As a matter of fact, yes, I did count them. It is my new game. Pull and count the weeds, and give your self a goal, and the weed pulling is not nearly as much of a chore as it would be otherwise. I actually started that game last week, but waited to discuss it with you until today, once I was certain it was not just a passing fad. Nope, it's a keeper.

After dinner, we took a dip in the pool, and I am now getting ready to go and open the girls door to their coop. Still trying to break the broody chicken of her bad habit. Neither one of us looks like we are ready to give up, and this could take some time. This is a photo of one of the Rose of Sharon plants we have lining the side of the house. Very pretty flowering bushes, we probably have about eight of them, and they are really nice, and the bees like them a lot.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRESH VEGGIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment