Wednesday, May 2, 2012

2012 - Day 123/243 - Wednesday...

Well, as you know, Jody and I bought six little baby chicks on Sunday. I found one of them dead this morning, and another was dead this evening when I got home. There is a really high mortality rate for baby chicks, but this is the first time we have ever lost baby chicks. Two out of 18 is better than ten percent. I have to worry if two of this batch has died, it may bode badly for the other four, even though they are perky and eating. We will just have to wait and see what is going on.

 It was another busy day in the office, and after that was all over, I did some volunteer phone-banking for one of our Congressional Candidates. If you would like to hear the spiel, just let me know, I pretty much have it memorized. Interestingly, the whole set up looked remarkable like this photo that I swiped off the Internet!

 Tomorrow will be a good day, it is my Meals-On-Wheels day, and that is always nice to do.  Ruby and I were out this afternoon and we drove past one of my Meals-On-Wheels clients, and she and her caregiver were getting out of a cab (they had been to the grocery). We stopped and said hello and gave her a hug. It was great. Thanks Ruby!

 Deeds, Actions, Changes, PHONES & DEAD CHICKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment