Friday, May 11, 2012

2012 - Day 132/234 - Friday...

It's Friday, and this is my Friday Happy Dance!  Enjoy!

Even though I have been unable to determine the 'meaning' of the Four O'clock flowers (Mirabilis) that are blooming in the front flower beds, they are beautiful and have a wonderful fragrance. I like them very much. The fragrance reminds me of the frangipani (common name plumeria, the flowers that leis are made of in Hawaii). Either that, or buttered popcorn, not sure which.

Whatever...

I got a lot done today, and there were really great accomplishments. Since I will be out of town all next week, I got my desk cleared, not counting the LARGE stack of papers neatly arranged in one corner. A couple good meetings, one including the planning session for our next MCE cruise in February of 2013. We will leave from Galveston on the 24th and go to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. Fun time guaranteed, and MCE credits thrown in. Stay tuned for details.

When I got home from, Konrad (of Round Rock Honey fame) was here checking on my hives. He said they are all very healthy, no signs of moths, and he took some of the honey frames and will extract honey from them starting tomorrow. He expects to be bringing honey back next week, maybe Tuesday, but he was very impressed with the conditions of the hives. I am very impressed as well, since I am pretty much paying the bees NO ATTENTION whatsoever. I did keep them fed when we were in the more severe drought conditions, but I have not fed them in a couple months since we have been having a little bit of rain.

Speaking of rain, so far this year, we have ALREADY had more rain that we had all of last year. That is not really saying much. In April we had 11/100 of an inch of rain, and so fat this month we have had ALMOST 2 inches.

My car was 'ferried' to the dealership today because of the flat tire. Kind of interesting that the car has no spare or jack, but really, it is not really a problem unless you have a flat. AND, since I have about 42K miles on the car, I guess I can live with the inconvenience every 42K miles. Maybe, maybe not.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRUISING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment