Thursday, May 24, 2012

2012 - Day 145/221 - Thursday...

Today was my day for delivering Meals-On-Wheels. My friend Chris and I have started sharing that responsibility, and today we went together. There is one stop where I will go one way and Chris goes the other. We deliver most of this by memory. Today I went to one of our clients doors, and I knocked on the bell. A blind young man came to the door, and I introduced myself and said that I had not met him before, and he said he had not met me either. We exchanged courtesies for about thirty or forty seconds, and I asked him if I could pet his service dog. I thought he was a relative of the client client or maybe even a care-taker. I was glancing inside the apartment, and I realized I did not recognize the furniture, and that is when I realized I was at the wrong apartment. I apologized and went to the correct apartment, and that client was not at home. I wonder if I should go back next week and explain myself to him, or just forget about it? I am thinking I will go back...

I saw this beetle in the parking lot when I was leaving for Meals-On-Wheels, and I thought it was dead. When we got back, it was still there, so I thought it would make a great picture for this journal entry. Well, it was not dead, but I think it was pretty tired. Somehow, I think it just happened to have gotten turned over, and like a turtle was unable to roll over. I got a napkin and put him (assumption) on one of the nearby bushes, and he perked up and went on about his business. Moral of the story? Never expect your assumptions to be correct.

Tomorrow is Friday and that will give me the opportunity to do my Happy Dance. Speaking of Happy; Happy Birthday to Will.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEAR FATAL ASSUMPTIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment