Saturday, May 5, 2012

2012 - Day 126/240 - Saturday...

When the language of flowers began in the Victorian era of the 1800s, morning glories signified love and affection, according to Victorian Bazaar. Given morning glory flower's short lifespan, it also signifies unrequited love. Images of morning glory vines can be found on Victorian headstones, symbolizing mortality, mourning, the shortness of life or resurrection, according to the Rochester's History website. Okay, I finished my book today The Language of Flowers, and it seems I cannot look at a flower without wondering what the meaning was/is. Very interesting. Most of the meanings I have discovered in the past week or so seem logical and appropriate. I am still intrigued that the yellow rose (the flower of the State of Texas and my father's favorite) stands for infidelity. Interesting...

 The four o'clock's are blooming as well, I will see what their meaning is and report back to you tomorrow. 

Today I pulled a few weeds, cleaned the chicken coop and scraped chicken poop off the patios. Not bad for doing nothing much today. Hubert also finished baling hay this afternoon. I think we only got about 15 bales (haven't counted them yet) but the grass that was exposed by the cutting, raking and baling looks really good. It would be very nice if we could get a nice rain shower now. If that were to happen, we could put down some more fertilizer and maybe get a more productive cutting in a month or six weeks. Regardless, we need some more rain.

 I am eagerly awaiting the super moon tonight. The moon-rise is supposed to be around 8:04 this evening, but we are having some clouds so I am not sure if we will be able to see anything or not. The new chicks are doing very well seemingly, and are growing nicely too. I think I may stop at Buck Moore Feeds this week in Austin and pick up a few more chicks, maybe see if they have any exotics. I think it should be easy to integrate some new chicks with these little ones, I would not expect there to be too much pecking going on.

I slept very nicely last night, so I am hoping for a repeat tonight.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FLOWERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment