Monday, May 7, 2012

2012 - Day 128/238 - Monday...

NEWS FLASH! THIS JUST IN! STOP THE PRESSES! GNATS CONTAIN MORE PROTEIN (POUND FOR POUND) THAN ANY OTHER FOOD YOU CAN CONSUME! This information came to me in a vision, and is based on absolutely no scientific research. It was an expensive study however, approximately the cost of several boxes of cheap wine. You see, I have basically just quit trying to fish the gnats out of my glass of wine every evening, and I am just swallowing them. I have never heard any reports that gnats were suspected carriers of any communicable diseases. Gnats are just a bothersome bunch of little insects, and the more of them I can consume, the closer I get to a Nobel Prize for Medicine. And if I keep reporting that kind of crap in this journal, I expect I am also on my way to a Pulitzer. Remember, you heard it here first...

Here is a chick update; two of you have e-mailed or called asking about the Vera Chicken status. The same night she was (thought to be) missing, I stood out on top of the storm shelter calling her, and soon she appeared and come over to me to be carried into the coop. She is generally the last girl to go to bed, and she takes great delight in being carried into the coop. If I ever expect to get into the bed before 9 o'clock, I am going to have to deliver her to the coop. AND, the remaining baby chicks (four of them) are doing nicely as well. They are now about ten to fourteen days old, and they are growing nicely.

Overall, for a Monday, this one was not too bad. Lots of office work, a couple property drive-bys, I got a haircut, and right at the moment it is sprinkling rain outside. If it would just do this all night long, it would be very nice.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GNATS AND OTHER SOURCES OF PROTEIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment