Thursday, May 10, 2012

2012 - Day 131/235 - Thursday...

My automobile is so technologically advanced and so conscious of eliminating all unnecessary weight, they they found it improbable that a rubber component would fail. So, there was no need for a spare tire or a jack. Room that a spare tire and jack would normally occupy was taken over by additional batteries. This has not really been a concern until recently, and by recently I mean TODAY. But at least I was already in my driveway before even that was a concern. As you (those of you that are absolutely DEVOTED to this site) may recall, I am somewhat on the anal-retentive-obsessive-compulsive regimen of checking all the various meters around the property on a daily basis. On the way home, the vehicle alerted me that I would shortly be in need of fossil fuel, but that was really no big deal because overnight I would get a full charge, and could still go about 80 miles before I needed to even be concerned about gas. I pulled into the driveway and made a stop to check the first two meters (electricity to the front barn and the water meter). I got back in the car and I was informed by the vehicle that I needed to check the air pressure in one of the tires. Probably just a false alarm. I pulled up thirty or forty feet and was checking the rain in the gauge, and then into the garage (another thirty feet or so) and by that time, the back passenger side tire was FLAT. This is the shiv that I pulled out of the back tire.

Tomorrow, I will take the truck to work, and call OnStar (en route) and have them come and haul the car to the dealer and I will pick it up on Saturday. Having extra vehicles hanging around has its rewards! In the last 48 hours, we have had another .25" of rain; we have gone from a flash flood watch to a flash flood warning and we are now also under a tornado watch until 3AM. The weather alarm radio has gone off twice in the past half-hour, so I have a feeling it is going to be one of those nights. BUT, the clouds that were overhead while Jody and I were sitting on the porch were absolutely beautiful. We do not really take the time to stop and appreciate the clouds, so I hope you enjoy these.

Tomorrow will be another busy day, and I hope you all have a great one. If you don't hear from me any time soon, please check the shelter.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FLATS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment