Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2012 - Day 144/222 - Wednesday...

As I mentioned yesterday, I have lived in Austin (okay, the Austin area) since 1985 and I have NEVER been to the Peter Pan Putt-Putt Golf place until today. I estimate that (having lived in the Austin area for approximately 9,700 days) that I have past that place not less than 10,000 times. We actually used to live just down the street from it, which would cause me to pass it a minimum of 6 or more times a day. But, it is an interesting little oasis just a bit above the madding crowd, tucked into a little rise between McDonald's and the rail road track. In fact a train went by while we were there and it is not a quiet experience. But fun, and interesting and truly reminiscent of the time it was first conceived back in the late 1940's. One thing I know for sure, this is a photo of one homely giant Tinkerbell...

I am truly looking forward to the weekend, and getting some rest and also getting some work done around the house. In addition to that, our friends Jim and Bonnie are coming for a visit (just a quick visit) from Houston. They will leave Houston after church on Sunday, spend the night and go back to Houston on Monday afternoon. It will be really nice to see them.

I have a few appointments tomorrow, including my Meals-On-Wheels gig, and not a single appointment on Friday or over the weekend right now. I have some appointments booked a week out, but the next several days look calm.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PETER PAN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment