Friday, May 18, 2012

2012 - Day 139/227 - Friday...

It's FRIDAY, and this is my HAPPY DANCE!

Okay, every night since I have been here, once I get into bed and am trying to go to sleep, I think I need to relay this piece of information in this journal. I AM SICK of the people in this Hotel SHORT SHEETING my bed. It has become progressively worse in the four days I have been here, and there is one more day to go. It is getting to the point that I am inching my way closer and closer to the foot of the bed. There is no blanket on the bed, just a top sheet, a flimsy duvet kind of thing, and some kind of little decorative cover at the foot of the bed. Finally, I get warm and go to sleep, but really, I like to pull the covers up to my chin when I am trying to go to sleep.

Again, WHATEVER...

I took some time for myself today in the middle of meetings. I was given tickets to a 'Old Town Trolley Tour' of the area (kind of like Grey Line), and my friend John went with me. We went through lots of interesting places, went past the National Cathedral, down Embassy Row, through Georgetown and saw lots of interesting things, including a house that is 9 1/2 feet wide and is on the sales market for about $800K. We got off at the White House stop, and walked to the World War II Memorial and the MLK Memorial before we had to head back to the Hotel and attend another meeting. Worth the time and the walk, and it was a beautiful day in our nations Capital.

Tomorrow I will head home, and I am ready. I have learned a lot while I was here, and there has been a lot of good work done by thousands of our colleagues.

Good night...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BEING A TOURIST FOR A CHANGE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment