Sunday, September 2, 2012

2012 - Day 246/140 - Sunday...

Bear with me for a while during this post.  I have come to the conclusion that I need to streamline parts of my life.  Mostly stuff around the farm.  We have been here three years and I embrace the lifestyle, but I think I need to reduce the things that are dependent upon me and my time.  I need to cut back on the cattle (I think reducing the herd to the original three plus Violet will be good).  I may need to cut back on the bees hives somewhat, and maybe not keep supplementing the chickens.  Let nature take its course.  I just think it would be better for me and for Jody if I cut back on the other stuff out here.  I also think I would probably feel better about the whole thing if it were not 100 degrees outside, BUT, I am encouraging Jody to encourage me NOT to take up any more hobbies that have mouths to feed.

AND, in that same vein, I am also considering cutting back on this journal.  I will finish three years at the end of this year, and it may be time to quit.  My obsessive compulsive thing may need to take a break.  Who knows, this could all just be a case of ranting, and I may be over the whole trauma thing in a couple days.  We shall see...

I did make a pile of eggs for me and Jody this morning, and friend bacon before that.  After breakfast, I did some work out in the yard, and then I had appointments for folks to come by and pick up some calves.  We ended up reducing the herd by only three calves, and I had hoped to get shed of seven.  That whole experience is what has put me on the edge of wanting to down size the animal life out here.  There will always be stuff to do, but I just think I can cut back and improve the quality of life for all the livestock involved.

Tomorrow is another day off, and that will be nice.  Hopefully I will get a little bit more sleep, and I will be back in my manic state.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DOWNSIZE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment