Sunday, September 30, 2012

2012 - Day 274/92 - Sunday...

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  It was very nice here, slept a LOT, and now I am ready for the coming week.  A couple extra photos today, too.

I slept late again this morning, it was great.  When I finally got up out of the bed, I went and checked the rain gauge, and we had just a little bit over 1.3" for the twenty-four hour period.  SO, that makes us almost 2" for the last couple days.  We had just a teensy-weensie bit more rain today, but nothing to get too excited about.    After that and reading the paper, it was time to make breakfast.  I did make up a nice breakfast if I do say so myself.  Bacon (thick cut), cinnamon rolls (cut in half) and a pile of eggs and cheese.  I think it pretty much covers all the essential food groups; red, yellow and brown.  Pretty darned tasty though, if I do say so myself!

After a while, Jody took the dog boy for a ride, and that was nice.  I actually put on a pull-over jacket for the ride, it was kind of chilly.  But by the time we got home, it was time to take off the jacket.  After that ride, I decided to see if I could get the Mule running.  It started up with no trouble and I drove it from here to the corner and ALMOST made it back to where I started from before it quit and decided it did not want to run anymore.  I am kind of tired of that, so I guess I will have to take it back in to the dealer if I cannot figure it out (with Randy's help).  ANYWAY, I did get the cattle fed, but there is lots of walking to be done when the Mule is not running.

I got one bale of hay out to the cattle, and was taking a second bale out to them, and the mesh wrap on the second bale decided to fail, so I was strewing hay from here to there, so I just barely got that bale inside the fence, and did not get it anywhere close to the hay ring.  I am sure they will find it and have themselves a lot of fun strewing hay ever-which-a-way.  That is one bale that will pretty much be wasted.  DARN.  I brought the tractor up close to the house and parked it where I usually would keep the Mule, and as I was getting off the tractor this snake decided to make itself known.  I had been riding the tractor back and forth for about 30 or 45 minutes and this snake decides to crawl out of the engine compartment as I am getting off the tractor.  It is a harmless snake, but it is startling none the less.  He did cooperate long enough for me to get the camera out of my pocket before he slithered back into the engine compartment.  I opened the engine compartment up and could not see a hiding place for him, but I will pay more attention next time.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment