Saturday, September 1, 2012

2012 - Day 245/141 - Saturday...

If you live on the edge of nowhere, the first day of dove season is quite similar to any other Holiday that involves the firing off or shooting of a variety of incendiary devices.  I am hearing plenty of gunfire but I have not seen a dove all day.  I would like to say smart-alecky things about the dove hunters themselves, but I cannot assume a holier-than-thou attitude while appreciating heated leather seats in my car, nice leather belts and a particular fondness for a Just-A-Burger with catsup and mayonnaise added.  I also stopped at the Colonel's a couple weeks ago and brought home a six piece dinner of mixed (don't tell the girls).  SO, I will resist the urge to say I am above the others and just accept it for what it is.  Someone with an opinions and ideals other than the ones I have, all the while trying to determine whether or not I am the real hypocrite in the equation.

Although there were plenty of clouds around for most of the day, they just faked us out and did not deliver.  They were pretty though.  See above.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NOT A VEGAN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment