Thursday, September 13, 2012

2012 - Day 257/129 - Thursday...

This is what greeted me as I left the office for my 11:30 appointment this morning.  RAIN!  We like that very much.  It did not rain for a long time, but it rained. I made it to my 11:30, and then I had a 1 o'clock, and then it was back to the office.  I was supposed to attend a TREPAC Function this afternoon on the way home, a cook out fundraiser, but it was cancelled because of rain.  PERFECT!

So I called Jody to tell him I WOULD be home for dinner after all, and he suggested I stop for something on the way to bring home.  We treated ourselves to dinner from Chipotle, Jody had a vegetarian bowl and I had a burrito, everyone was happy.

When I got home, there was .72" of rain in the gauge, and the last time I checked we were up to .99".  It rained for a little while after that, but right now it is not raining.  We have GOOD chances of rain the rest of the evening and all through the day and evening tomorrow, and even a better than no chance of rain for Saturday.  We will actually be delirious if we get a good bit more rain.  There are reports of 4.5" of rain in the area of Marble Falls, and that will cause some run-off into Lake Travis.  EVEN BETTER!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment