Monday, September 24, 2012

2012 - Day 268/98 - Monday...

After a sleepless night worrying about things that I have absolutely no control over, things went very nicely in the office today.  As is usually the case, I wake up at 2 o'clock in the morning and fixate on challenges that I know will all work out okay, but I cannot convince myself of that and go back to sleep.  BUT, everything did work out well and amicable solutions to the particular challenge availed themselves and that-was-that.  Everyone was happy.

I got my haircut this afternoon as well.  I like making appointments for hair cuts well in advance.  It takes all the guess work out of getting a haircut.  Four weeks from today I will report to you the fact that I (again) got my hair cut.

In a desperate attempt to have a visual aid for this entry, I went out before dinner and was greeted by this Canna blooming just outside the front door.  It seems a Canna here or there has been blooming all season, and that is very nice.  We will need to start watering here-and-there again in the next day or two, but we are expecting some more rain towards the end of the week, a couple days of rain hopefully.  AND we are expecting and El Nino season to begin as well, so that will mean we will all get lulled into a false sense of security that rain is a normal trait of living in Texas and we should all go out and buy landscape plants that are not drought tolerant, and we will do our best to remember that the next time we get rain.  It is just teasing us.

Randy came over this evening to see if he could help get the Mule started and keep it going.  To add insult to injury, the battery was dead, so I now have the charger on it and Randy is going to go and look for a manual to the machine on-line.  Nice to have nice neighbors out on the edge of nowhere.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAIRCUTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment