Monday, September 3, 2012

2012 - Day 247/139 - LABOR DAY...

I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day Holiday.  I did.  Unfortunately, I had some things to get accomplished today, so some of that caused some folks to have to labor on Labor Day.  If you were one of those that had to do some work (other than around the house type things), I salute you.  AND, I salute the reason for the day.  I was going to go into a discussion about labor unions, Jimmy Hoffa and a bunch of other stuff that would do nothing except confirm that I am old, but I changed my mind.  It would only drive a wedge into the otherwise civil discourse that I try to maintain in this journal.  If there are to be any opinions relayed, they will be mine, since this is (after all) my journal.  OH, and if you did not get a chance to see a parade today, please enjoy the photo.

I am feeling somewhat better about things around the farm today.  I fed the cattle this morning and did some stuff around here and there, and I am not feeling like a TOTAL cow-daddy failure.  Three cows lost their calves yesterday, and only one of them is still bawling out there.  But that is what happens.  I can think of a couple things I can do to make the transfer of livestock less traumatic on the cattle (and hopefully on me as well), so we shall see how that goes.

This will be a short work week for me.  Well, that is not true.  It will be a short week for me in the office, but that really just means there will be double work.  I will be leaving for the Texas Association of REALTORS annual meeting (every September), this year in San Antonio.  I will be there for a couple days, and it is always nice to attend these things.  September, October and November are convention months every year; September is the Texas Association, October is NARPM (National Association of Residential Property  Managers), and November is the National Association of REALTORS.  I enjoy it, and look forward to it every year.  BUT, it seems I am also ALWAYS ready to be home.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CALMER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment