Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2012 - Day 262/124 - Tuesday...

I took my car into the Chevy dealership in Hutto yesterday.  Not because there is anything wrong with the car, there is something wrong with the 120 Volt charger.  It started getting 'wonky' on me when I was in San Antonio, and it is another example of having no directions when something goes wrong.  It is supposed to have a couple series of green lights; two on the top, four on the bottom, that indicate everything is swell.  The two top lights have started flashing red (not always), and the car does not complete a charge.  Or charge at all sometimes.  And the little 'International Symbols' they have on the tags that came with it are produced by the same people that make the assembly directions for Ikea (probably not really, but you know what I mean).  SO, depending on what the cause of the challenge is (charger vs car), I think this give me more fuel for the failure of the 240 volt charger that failed several months ago.  I may be getting some money back on this deal yet.

In the meantime, I am driving a boat that gets 15 miles per gallon.  I put $45 worth of gas in it today after having driven about 150 miles.  Just not the dame...

The clouds are really beautiful today, and we are supposed to have the arrival of a cold front, but I have seen no evidence of it yet.  The low temperature overnight is supposed to be down in the 50's and that will be really nice.  Now if the humidity would just control itself.

I started a new book today, called The Age of Miracles and it was a very interesting book right from the beginning.  Many times I have to get one or two CD's into a book before I am interested, but this one started off interestingly.  It is set in current times, and it is about the rotation of the earth slowing down and all the things that happen because of it.  Gravitational forces change, the days become longer, birds cannot fly, everything changes.  And I am only on the second CD.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, THE SLOWING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment