Sunday, September 23, 2012

2012 - Day 267/99 - Sunday...

As promised, I include a photo of the painting I was presented with last week from the ABoR TREPAC Committee.  I LOVE IT.  Thanks to all of you for your thoughtfulness.  It looks kind of ethereal in this photo (as well is should) with the late afternoon light coming in the windows.  Beautiful!

Miguel was not able to make it out to the house today, but I was able to get a pretty good amount of work done.  I got all suited up this morning and got the grass cut in the front of the house before breakfast.  After that I came in and made a pile of eggs for me and Jody, and then I got suited up again and went and cut the grass in the bee yard.  Not a single incident of bee unhappiness.  No wasp unhappiness either.  Of course, that is because I will in full bee-suit glory, and so why should they even bother.  There were not even any buzz-bys, not even a single bee-type investigation of the noise.

Whatever...

After that, I headed out to feed the cattle and work on the electric fence.  About half way back to the fence that needed to be looked at, the Mule died and I could not get it started again.  I finally went back up to the house and got Jody and the truck and towed the Mule back to the house.  If I see Randy and Irene walking tomorrow when I am heading in for work, I may ask Randy to help me look at it.  In my case, that will be about all I will do, look at it.

Anyway, I got the fence looked at as well, but still did not solve the problem.  And the cattle got fed, and that was an accomplishment as well.

I am convinced that cutting a couple acres worth of grass and cleaning out the chicken coop today was ABSOLUTELY the best thing I could have done for (take you pick) my allergies or whatever it is that has been plaguing me lately.  THE BEST!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DEAD MULES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment