Sunday, September 16, 2012

2012 - Day 260/126 - Sunday...

I have to tell you, I was kind of disappointed to wake up this morning to find that it had not rained a drop overnight.  I KNEW that would happen because I had gone ahead and fed the cattle yesterday because it was supposed to rain overnight, and if it did (and if it kept raining like it was supposed to) it would be really difficult to feed the cattle today.

BUT, all was forgiven about 7 o'clock when it started to dribble just a little bit.  AND it rained most of the day today and at last look, we had about .8" in the gauge.  That will make a grand total for the last four days of almost 3" of rain, and I will not argue with that.  I think that will also mean that we will get at least one more cutting of hay this year, now maybe two!  GREAT!

I got the absolute MINIMUM of anything done this weekend that I could possibly get done.  The absolute MINIMUM.  But I am feeling better, and will (most likely) be ready for another week starting tomorrow.  When we got home from Georgetown this afternoon, we noticed the Blood Lillies are coming up here and there.  They always pop up after a good rain.  By tomorrow they should be blooming really nicely and I will try to remember to share those with you.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GREY SKIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment