Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2012 - Day 270/96 - Wednesday...

Today's theme (on the way to work anyway) seemed to be anger.  I do not know why everyone on MoPac was so angry.  I have always contended that if you are in that much of a hurry, perhaps you should have left earlier.  I honestly believe that I had been travelling LONGER and started out EARLIER than 95% of the people on that particular road this morning.  I participated in three separate communications with people this morning, mostly while we were all at a stop on the road.  The first one was very nice, the driver told me she liked my license plate, and I thanked her.  The second conversation was a little more testy and asked (not even politely) if he could cut over in front of me, motion granted.  The last conversation was particularly one sided, and was conducted mostly in braille (lots of hand-gesturing on the parts of all participants).  AND, that guy had a license plate that read 'HANGUP'.  I am not sure if that was a request to other drivers or if it was an editorial comment professing that the driver was the owner of several, and not handling any of them with any amount of dignity and timidity.

But, I survived.

AND THEN, on the way home, this was the encounter (or the aftermath of most of it).  An 18-Wheeler travelling the other direction was on fire, but everyone heading north had to slow down and look, which caused a traffic jam back about seven miles from the scene.  Why can't we look at interesting roadside phenomenons at a more generous rate of speed?  Just wondering.  I was not prepared to take a photograph, so I took this one from the Internet.   Photo credit Kayla Russell.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ANGER MANAGEMENT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment