Thursday, September 27, 2012

2012 - Day 271/95 - Thursday...

Traffic today was an incredible horror, and it took me an exhaustingly (I know that is nor really a word) long time from the house to the office.  As a matter of fact, it took 1 hour and 57 minutes at an average speed of 24.1 Miles Per Hour, but who is really paying that close attention?  Well, me.  As I get older, I am increasingly accused of being OCD, but I think it is important to keep up with the minutiae around us.  I also take accurate counts of the number of members that attend committee meetings, and even sometimes account for the numbers of people in the theater auditorium.  I'm a counter (among other things).  But at least today everyone (for the most part) was calm.  There was nothing else anyone could do.

There were seven (see) clients on our Meals On Wheels route this morning, and that is always a good accomplishment.  MOW seems to be (kind of) cracking down on folks delivering their meals too early, so there seems to be a push on to NOT deliver meals before 11 o'clock.  Okay.

After that, we were celebrating birthdays in the office and so we all met for lunch at Moonshine in downtown Austin.  It is a nice place, food was okay (I am still not feeling like socializing that much), and we all had a nice time.  Our new office assistant Nina had made some gluten free cake balls, so when she passed them around, I played out a scene from When Harry Met Sally which seemed to be a big hit in the dining room we were in.  So much so that some people from another table came over and wanted 'some of what I was having', and they were rewarded with gluten free cake balls of their very own.  Anyway, they were great Nina!  This is a picture of the skillet apple pie that I ordered to take home with me to share with Jody.  Looks yummy, and it looks like we will have at least two servings each.

Speaking of Apple Pie, I think this is just as good a time as any to discuss horn etiquette.  On the way to the restaurant this morning and again on the way back to the office, people all around us were 'laying' on their horns.  With particular regard to the latter, when I remarked casually about it, Chris said he thought the person in question had just seen someone he had not seen for a while and wanted to hone acknowledgement.  I think a quick 'two-toot' of the horn is a nice acknowledgement of a friend not seen recently, but a 'laying on of the horn' for a protracted period of time acknowledges more of a 'get out of the freakin' way you freakin' idiot' tone.  So, I am leaving it all up to you, and I would appreciate any comments you have on the subject, if you are so inclined.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TOOTIN', Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment