Thursday, May 15, 2014

2014 - Day 1230 - Thursday...

Every year that I am here I take one of these photos.  I am fascinated at the 'double-speak' in the District.  Can't you just say 'this way to the stairs'?  I guess not.  Just remember, tune in to this journal next year, same time, same station to see another of these photos!

It seems like I have been here for weeks, but at the same time I am surprised that today is Thursday.  One more really busy day tomorrow, and I will be back home about mid-day on Saturday.  That means (of course) that I will be getting up shortly after midnight on Saturday morning to get to the airport, but that will be okay!

Today was not as early, and (not quite) as busy as yesterday, but it was still a full day.  My first meeting was at 9 o'clock, and then we headed to visit our Legislators and my first appointment was at 10:30.  I made it down to the BOTTOM of the subway and realized that I did not have y wallet, so it was twenty minutes back to the Hotel to get my wallet and then back to the subway.  I made it to the appointment with three minutes to spare.  The next appointment was at 11 o'clock, and then we had nothing to do until 2 PM.

Several of us went to lunch in the Longworth Building cafeteria, and then Aaron, Emily and I went to the Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian.  Oh my aching feet!

We made it back for our 2 o'clock appointment, and then it was back to the Hotel for the trade show, and then a nap.  The Austin Board had a nice reception for the attendees and now I am back writing this entry.  It was good to see all our ABoR members at the reception, and it was very nice to see Carol, Luis and my new BFF Erica!  I am eating a club sammich, and it is pretty darned good!

Tomorrow starts at 8AM, then 9AM and 1:30 and 4.  Busy, busy...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUSY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment