Sunday, May 25, 2014

2014 - Day 145/220 - Sunday...

These are some of the first of our Morning Glories.  They seem to be short bus morning glories because they are so slow to develop.  I think part of the problem is that we are not in the 'heat island' of a major population center, so when it is cold here, it is just cold.  There is no residual heat from asphalt, concrete or freaks.  Our Iris and other plants bloom and produce much later in the year than those in Austin as well.  Just to make sure everyone knows it (and I am not proud of this fact), I am envious of Sylvia's morning glories.  I covet them, DON'T JUDGE ME!

NO CHICKENS WERE HARMED IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS PARAGRAPH.  I'm just sayin'.  I am always fascinated by the fact that chickens seem to have no sense of fear or good sense.  I am always having to stop, detour or scream like a banshee at a chicken that decides to veer in front of me while I am cutting the grass, particularly while I am cutting the grass on the riding lawn mower.  I posted a status update on my Face Book page that I was updating the game Rock/Paper/Scissors with a new one called Bug/Chicken/Lawn Tractor, which caused a few readers to make the assumption (maybe  led them on) that both the bug and the chicken lost the game.  NOT SO!  All participants (with the possible exception of the bug) survived the encounter to play again another day.

I cut a lot of grass today, and a lot of weeds as well.  Other than that, I did not do much of anything.  I did comply with my napping schedule however.  Let's see if I get anything accomplished tomorrow or not.  What do you think the odds are?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DEAD BUGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment