Saturday, May 3, 2014

2014 - Day 123/242 - Saturday...

The sun is waning here on the edge of nowhere and the shadows are getting long.  This is what I look at outside the office window.  From here (right now, as I write this) I see a squirrel, two bunny rabbits, at least two humming birds, about a dozen chickens, one buzzard, two cows, a few sparrows, three or four swifts, one purple martin and about a half-dozen birds whose names I am not aware.  It could be worse!

The weekend is about half over, but the best half is yet to come.  Jody and I were both up early this morning, although I was trying my best to stay in bed after the boy dog proclaimed to the world (okay, his world) that he was hungry and ready for something to eat.  I think I stayed in bed for about fifteen minutes after he got up and got the dog fed.  When I went out to get the newspaper, I discovered that we had two sets of newspapers (both today's) but neither of them included the section that includes the comics, so I went on-line to read those and I printed the crossword puzzle out for Jody.  We had a pile of eggs and then I was off to start cutting some grass and Jody and the boy dog went for a walk.

At 8 o'clock, I had a telephone interview with a nice lady from the Financial Times, doing a story on why the Austin real estate market is so hot and what the attraction is that everyone wants to move to Austin.  It is not really a simple answer, but then again it is not a hard question to answer, so you have to decide what answer you want; the complicated economics/political answer about the state that is aggressively working to attract business to our state, or the simpler answer...Austin is cool.  We did a little bit of both...

This afternoon Jody and I went into Georgetown and had lunch and stopped at Target and bought a few things.  And now it is about time to wrap this up...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FROM THE WINDOW, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment