Tuesday, May 27, 2014

2014 - Day 147/218 - Tuesday...

Note to self:  Today is Tuesday!  If you don't believe me, look up and you will see that is even says so in the title of this post.  TOLD YOU!

In the past 72 hours, we have received 2.87" of rain.  I know that is nothing for you guys to get excited about, but we are damn happy with that.  That puts us at 6.76" for the month, and we are practically delirious with the thought that we might get a little more overnight.  I am not thrilled that the boy dog was a big nervous Nellie last night, which means that I did not get any sleep from about 2:30 until about 4 o'clock.  Then it was only about a half-hour until my usual wake up time.  I am pretty sure it was another one of those instances where I got more sleep than I think I did, but I still could have done without the light show and the sound effects (and the thunder crashes, too).  But I digress (which is perfectly okay for me t do because this is my blog and I will write whatever in the hell I want to):  This is a photo of some lovely lilies that are starting to bloom out all around the house.  Unfortunately, the rain pretty much beat these down, but they are hanging in there, and are quite nice.

As I mentioned earlier, today is and continues to be Tuesday.  It was not a simple or efficient feat getting into the office this morning.  It had rained and the streets were slippery and I was expecting the State would call it in as a "weather day", but no, they unleashed the multitudes of cray-cray drivers on the otherwise cray-cray drivers (but usually on dry streets) that can only lead to bad situations up and down the central Texas Interregional (otherwise known as Interstate) Highway systems.  Not a good thing.

Tomorrow (I hope) will be calmer, but if it means we will not get any rain overnight, I say bring on the cray-crays!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRAY-CRAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment