Saturday, May 17, 2014

2014 - Day 137/228 - Saturday...

I have been up since 2:30 this morning (CDST).  Of course, I was in a different time zone, but only by an hour.  I do not recommend watching the sun rise from a terminal at Reagan International.  Nothing pretty about it; no ooh-ahh moments within a hundred miles.  The plane was late leaving DC, and we taxied out to the runway and we turned around and went back to the terminal.  It seems some luggage had either shifted or needed to be realigned for better balance.  Okay, then we were off again and we reached the 10,000 foot mark and were told the plane was equipped with wifi for a nominal fee.  Oops, never mind, we forgot, that's broken.  It was not that terrible, but it seemed like maybe this particular plane had been built on a Friday afternoon in a GM plant in Detroit and was on the recall list.  Anyway, after leaving DC 40 minutes late, we landed in Houston and I had NO LAYOVER at all because I got off one plane and onto another lickety-split.  At least I did not miss the connection.

Finally home, and that is the best thing.  On the way in, I was greeted by one of the Bassett's, the male (whose name is Max).  He's a good boy dog, but he should not play in traffic, even if we are on the edge of nowhere.

Once I got home, I went down for a nap in the blue chair, and Jody and I went into Georgetown for lunch.  So far I have unpacked one suitcase, not sure if I will get the other one unpacked tonight or not.  No emergencies, I am not heading out anywhere else until July!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HOME, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment