Wednesday, May 14, 2014

2014 - Day 134/231 - Wednesday...

This is not the prettiest of all my entires, but maybe one of the more picturesque.  Get it?  Okay, second things secondly.  They say (okay, I say) one picture is worth a thousand words.  I am going to do my best to include four pictures in this entry...and if they do not deliver my dinner soon (I love room service) I may pass out on the keyboard.  I went to CVS the other day and I got those 'four bottles of Merlot for Five Dollars'.  Honestly, some people are such snobs no names but her initials are CATHY).

My first meeting this morning was at 7 AM, which was a little bit unreasonable if you ask me, but so far you have not, but I will tell you anyway.  After that, there was an 8 o'clock meeting and after that I got into a cab (I was abandoned by my group) to our first legislative visit.  When I walked into the room, the elected officials staff person said 'so, thanks for coming'...  Did I time that right or what?  This is a picture of me, Jim, John, Susan and another John on that steps outside the Capitol (or Capital).

After that meeting, a group of us walked around for a while (we had three-and-a-half hours before our next appointment) and then I headed off to the Capitol (or Capital) visitors center. I have been there a couple times, and I like it a lot.  Clean restrooms, shopping, food.  What more do you need?  PLUS, I have always been a fool for a feather, and the Goddess of Freedom wears them really well, don't you agree?












NEXT:  The Cannon Office Building to meet with NAME WITHHELD (who was not there either, but we were greeted by another staff person.  Members of Congress only.  REALLY?  Members of Congress Only?  I figured if I can impersonate airline pilots, this would be a piece of cake.  PLUS, I am already in the building...I have already gone through security!  What's the worst thing that can happen.  Well, honestly, that elevator was not that fancy anyway.

DISCLAIMER:  I am on my second bottle of those little bitty cheap wine things, and I still have no food.  You can turn back now, or if you choose to go forward, I claim no responsibility.  You have been warned.

Okay, okay, okay...I almost forgot.  What day is it? 




About three more hours and two more elected officials and it was me in a cab headed back to the Hotel.  I shared the cab with a couple colleagues from Wichita Falls, so that was good.  They got to their Hotel first, so I had the cab all to myself for a few minutes and we passed these Iris, so while we were stopped, I stepped out to take a picture.

There, done, are you happy?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PHOTOS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!



No comments:

Post a Comment