Saturday, May 24, 2014

2014 - Day 144/221 - Saturday...

Oh my stars and garters!  It seems UPS delivers cattle now.  USPS does not stand a chance!  This box was delivered (the UPS guy now leaves boxes up by the gate, and this one was small enough that we could not see it) and it contained a couple longhorns from our friends Joe Mac and Carolyn in Gautier (pronounced Go-Shay), Mississippi.  Beautiful!  Thanks, they are now happily perched on the mantle in the living room.

I actually did sleep in a while this morning, got up, made coffee, read the paper, made a pile of eggs and Jody and I headed into Austin at about 8 o'clock.  We got home around 12:30 and we both went down for naps, and then we headed back to Georgetown and had a late lunch.

We have had NO RAIN so far, but they are still saying that within the next seven days we could get 3 or 4 inches.  There was a little bit of rain reported in parts of Austin, but nothing up here.  I officially recorded a TRACE of rain for yesterday, but I would really like some rain for the pastures and to get the tanks a little bit more water.

Tomorrow is the traditional work around the house day, but I have to go back into Austin for a while, and I will probably do that in the early afternoon.  THEN I have some office work (at home) that I would really like to get taken care of on Monday, so I have the next couple days pretty well worked out.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LONGHORNS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment