Sunday, May 4, 2014

2014 - Day 124/241 - Sunday...

I did not really sleep in this morning, I had some stuff to do, and the dog boy was making those whiny noises again.  Jody and I both got up pretty much at the same time (hard to remember, it seems like such a long time ago).  We got the paper, and this time we had the whole paper, not just pieces and parts of two different ones.  We also had to take an early morning drive to Jarrell to get a couple things, and along the way we saw this turtle.  I stopped and picked him up (I assume it was a him, but honestly, I cannot even tell the sex of a cat, let along a turtle) and IT tried IT'S best to pee on me.  Talk about your basic defense mechanisms.  Well, I avoided the urine initiation and placed him on the side of the road in which he was heading.  When we came back, there was no sign of him, so I expect he went on about his business...at least the business he did not do on me!  And another thing...I know it does not look very big in this photo, but this turtle was bigger than a dinner plate, and weighed about five pounds.  He (again an assumption) has been around a while, although I do not know how long turtles around the edge of nowhere (further than the middle of nowhere) or how quickly the grow or how big they grow.  Feel free to discuss this subject amongst yourselves!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TURTLES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment