Friday, November 28, 2014

2014 - 332/33 - Friday...

I am thankful for another (former) neighbor today; Randy.  I was out acting like I knew what I was doing, trying to put the fence back together this morning, and I beckoned Randy over to help me.  He is the undisputed fence expert of the edge of nowhere.  Randy and Irene lived next door when we moved here, and they sold part of the property earlier in the year, and bought some land in Salado to be closer to their children and grand-kids.  Anyway, Randy came over and helped me get the fence re-wired and strung back together, and that was great.  Of course, the fence is not working yet, but I will work on that some more tomorrow afternoon. 

After the fence stuff, Jody and I went into town to run some errands, and we then went to Taylor to buy some cattle feed and had lunch at the bar-b-cue place (Vencil's) by the rail yard.  Good pulled beef (I think, I just eat what they put in front of me) and a diet-Coke.  Perfect.  We got 500 pounds of cattle feed, 200 pounds of chicken feed (trying a new brand), and then another stop at HEB before we headed home and we both went down for naps. 

The new bull calf (Giblets) is looking fine in the back pasture, and that is good.  This is a picture of one of our other neighbors cows, they were all gathered up around the front fence when I was unloading feed and checking meters.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FEED, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment