Wednesday, November 12, 2014

2014 - Day 316/49 - Wednesday...

The beginning of this day was really hectic, the middle of the day was calm and peaceful, and there were a couple surprises towards the end of the day!

Beginning:  According to our super-duper thermometer, we did not get below 37 degrees overnight.  On my drive to work, there were no readings below 35 degrees.  It is supposed to be colder tonight, but I am not expecting a hard freeze.  I packed for an overnight trip to Houston (I have to take a class tomorrow), and forgot a few important items.  To begin with, we could not get the garage door to go down last night, so I released it and closed it manually.  Today, I got it up but could not get it to go down again, so that was a challenge.  Further into town I realized that I did not remember to pack my overnight kit, but I could endure without it.  I found a tooth brush and a razor in the office, so I am all set.  I was scheduled to do a KVUE Midday Interview, and that went well; this is a photo of me and Andrew, the KVUE Producer that I have had the honor of working with all year, a really rewarding experience.  That was the beginning.

Middle:  Not much to report, nothing really worth noting.

End:  I made I to Houston at about 6:30 only to arrive at the Hotel to find out I made reservations for tomorrow, not today.  I am not kidding. Oh, and there was no room at that Inn, and they were unaware of any available rooms in the area, since they had been trying to find accommodations for others (they were over-booked).I eventually found a room, and I expect that I will look back at this some day and laugh.  But probably not tomorrow.  Or any time soon.

My class starts tomorrow at 9 a.m., and I expect to leave about 7:45, just in case.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD, BAD, UGLY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment