Wednesday, November 19, 2014

2014 - Day 323/42 - Wednesday...

Who knew Sandy Clause does not have a favorite charity.  I would have expected that if anyone was on the knowing end of who would be in need of a little bit of assistance, it would be good old Sandy Clause hisself!  There I was, minding my own business, when Sandy walked past.  I acknowledged his northern presence on a lovely balmy day in northwest Austin, and he responded with the obligatory hohoho's and the this-n-that's, and kept on walking.  Always thinking and with a certain presence of mind, I hollered back to him and asked him if he would grant me a selfie opportunity.  It seems the old guy is not a bit bashful nor camera shy and is up for any and all self-promotion (even though it is not even Thanksgiving yet).  I queried as to a favorite charity as a trade for this pictorial documentation of the event (perhaps thinking temporarily that I was back in the southern hemisphere where every llama and colorfully clad coca leaf peddler is photographable for a fee), but he declined.  I did mention that I was heating up the road to make a charitable donation to the Coats for Kids drive, and he thought that was just fine.  This particular photograph does not capture his full sartorial glory, red jacket and green velvet (perhaps velour) pants and pointy shoes.  You just had to be there.

Reports of Austin losing its' weird are highly exaggerated.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CELEBRATING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment