Sunday, November 2, 2014

2014 - Day 306/59 - Sunday...

Coot:  noun
1. any aquatic bird of the genus Fulica, as F. americana, of North America, and F. atra, of the Old World, characterized by lobate toes and short wings and tail.
2. any of various other swimming or diving birds, especially the scoters.
3. Informal. a foolish or crotchety person, especially one who is old.
Take your pick; it was either me in the tank this morning while I was feeding the cattle, or the little bird like creature that I photographed as shown here.  Honestly, my money is on the bird!

This being Sunday, it was farm chore day.  Also, this being November 2nd, it was set your clocks back an hour day.  The latter was really not paid too much attention to, except for the fact that I expect I will be getting into bed tonight at 7p.m. instead of the usual 8p.m.  But the chores got done.  I get two bales of hay out t the cattle, after staring down Mr. Speckles and getting him to move from one pasture to the other.  He was the only longhorn in the pasture where I wanted to put the hay, so I took the Polaris about fifty feet from the gate, stopped and proceeded to trim my finger nails.  Curiosity got the better of him and he finally walked over (after about 15 minutes) to see what in the hell I was doing.  He did get a nice head rub out of the deal.  I also got the chicken coop cleaned out, and they are all set for this coming week.

A bunch of happy animals!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COOTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment