Saturday, November 1, 2014

2014 - Day 30/60 - Saturday...

Holy Crap Maude Evelyn, it's already November.  It feels like Halloween was just yesterday!

The low temperature this morning (at least the one I saw live and in person) was 43 degrees.  Not too shabby, and I resisted Jody's pleas (not really) to turn the heater on.  I did manage to stay in the bed until about 7 o'clock, and then it was a sprint to have some coffee, read the paper, make a pile of eggs and get to Berry Creek Park by 9a.m. to get the first load of firewood for the season.  We like getting firewood from Berry Creek, it is nicely split pecan wood, great for the wood burning stove.  I had mentioned to Jody last week that I needed to make arrangements to get a load of wood, and suddenly it is nippy outside.  This is a picture of a little lizard that was moving really sluggishly in the cold temperatures.  He was perfectly happy to be slumbering among the firewood and was not really that happy to be awakened.  I put him in a safe, out of the way place, so I expect he is doing just fine at this time.

I showed property this afternoon, and had an equipment malfunction, that Chris came to my rescue to help.  Actually, the malfunction was not in the equipment, it was with the equipment operator.  I forgot to take the adapter for my key (that works with my new huge tool).  I stopped at the AT&T Store in Georgetown and they were totally useless.  I walked in and told them I just needed to buy an adapter.  Instead of telling me where their accessories were (they are in TWO different places which make totally perfect sense) they spent 15 minutes looking on their iPad to see if they had one in stock.  I finally found one set of the accessories and sure enough, they did not have one.  They then made a broad, sweeping gesture to another wall in the store and said that I might want to check there, but that according to their iPad, they had not had one in six months.  BUT, ANYWAY...  Chris came to my rescue and I am very thankful to him for continuing to make me look good in spite of myself!

I have begun the ritual of setting the clocks back one hour.  This is actually one of my favorite things to do.  I am not that thrilled to set them forward one hour, but I am all over setting them back an hour.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SLEEP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment