Thursday, November 27, 2014

2014 - Day 331/34 - Thanksgiving...

In addition to all the things I am thankful for on a daily basis, today (this being Thanksgiving Day) I am especially thankful for Pauline and Hubert, who came and helped me fetch Mr. Speckles who (this is all I can figure) jumped the neighbors fence and went courting their heifer calf.  We ended up having to cut out a section of fence and bribe him back in to our pasture with cattle feed.  Then, instead of stringing the fence back (we cut four of the five barbed wire strings and the goat fence) I put a gate panel up there.  Tomorrow I will secure the gate panel better and hook the electric fence back up, but it will not string the fence back, just in case there is a replay of this incident.

To add to the excitement, Violet had another calf this morning, and in honor of the day, we are going to name him Giblets.  Yes, it is for sure a bull calf, I saw him pee.  Mother and son are both doing well, and we will discuss the retained placenta later.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STRAY BULLS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment