Friday, November 14, 2014

2014 - Day 318/47 - Friday...

Well, I have successfully gotten the first fire of the season going in the wood stove, and that is nice.  From the looks of this cloudy and grey sky, you could squint adequately and convince yourself that you were in some (select the deity of your choice) forsaken place like Ohio or Michigan (no slam there Diane, last I saw you were snorkeling).  It reminds me of when I was a kid and I would go pheasant hunting with my dad when we lived in Michigan.  Cold, grey, damp...and after that came the really bad parts.  Yes, sometimes I get tired of the heat here on the edge of nowhere, but I really do not have that many good memories of freezing temperatures and snow.  The worst memory I have of that kind of climate is 1976, Rochester, New York.  Ask me about it sometime!

A good day today, all in all.  Got lots of work done in the office, got lots of good things accomplished at the board, and pretty soon it will be time for bed.  Except it is Friday night, and that means there is a real lack of choice on the tube.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COLD, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment