Sunday, November 9, 2014

2014 - Day 311/54 - Saturday...

So, I really need to concentrate, I only have eleven minutes to get this done.

Today could have gone either way; I had a really great day, but there were other things that made me really reflect and think about how lucky I am.  I have professed to this journal many times that I consider myself to be the luckiest man in the world, and that is a true fact.

My friend Steve was very kind to me today, and took me to view a couple of my old haunts here in New Orleans.  Some were not affected at all by the Hurricane (Katrina) and some wee destroyed and are still not inhabitable.  It was NOT the hurricane that devastated this city, it was the breach of the levy system AFTER the hurricane that flooded many parts of the city, and still there is no concrete answer as to why that happened.  SO...this is a photo of the apartment I lived in before I bought a home in Now Orleans East...the home has been re-built since my last visit about four years ago, but this apartment (which was a very nice place) is just now beginning renovation.  After the flooding, the property stood vacant for years, then it was a home for vagrants (really?) and maybe even homeless folks, but ultimately for some reason it was set afire...maybe someone was trying to stay warm.  But I have really fond memories of this place, and this is what it looks lie as on this afternoon.  My friend Steve took me on a tour of my old residences in the Crescent City, and it made me really realize how lucky I am.  I did not live here when the hurricane hit, and I was happily ensconced in Austin with the love of my life when this devastation occurred, but this is the reality.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, REALITY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment