Sunday, November 23, 2014

2014 - Day 327/38 - Sunday...

Day after day I am reminded that I am not getting younger, I am getting older and all my bravado and energy is really nothing more than an act.  Last night was the preview party for the Austin Empty Bowl Project, and that was a lot of fun.  Today I did a volunteer shift at the TRASHMAN for Empty Bowl, and my shift was from 10 til 1.  In the middle, I filled in for selling $1 tickets for the quilt drawing (they know I am not ashamed to ask for money; if you don't ask, you don't get).  By the end of my shift, I was spent.  I had to come home and take to my blue chair, and get in a nap.  I know there are many MANY more volunteers who work much harder than I did, and I totally respect them for that, and I bet they are taking a really well deserved rest right about now.  My respect and admiration go out to Hester and Kris for the tireless hours they spend planning and coordinating this great event, and I would not be surprised if they did not re-surface until the first of the year.

Congratulations to a job well done!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EMPTY BOWL, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment